Nuclear Mangos

This blog is intended to provide reliable technical analysis of nuclear issues with non-state actors and nuclear beginner states. Some technical issues have important policy implications that citizens in a democracy should be able to make informed decisions about. The motivation for the blog has been the incredible amount of lies & hyperbole on the Iran situation of early 2006. The blog title is to remind you constantly of the quality of minds in charge of our nuclear security today.

Name:
Location: MA

Until recently I was a physics professor at Harvard, where I taught the nuclear and particle physics course, among others. I've recently left that position to work as an R&D physicist in security applications. I have never done classified weapons work.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Radio Silence

The last several months have seen--between a large new contract at work, two small children, and the imminent selection of a seemingly rational president--a great decrease in both time and motivation to put the time into blogging on Iran.

I wonder sometimes if the financial crisis may have played at least some minor role in helping avert disaster. There is only so much executive-crisis-management bandwidth in Washington, and I'm sure every last bit of it was consumed for September and October with the financial crisis. Whether that played a role will be for someone on the inside to make clear someday.

I've one more blog post on an interesting NYT story; after that I expect to be posting rather little. For those of you who have contributed in emails, comments, and links, thank you--I've learned a lot the past couple of years.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home